May 8, 2008

Byetta and Morning BG's

Well, I have been on Byetta for a few days now and I have been doing good. I am noticing that my appetite is smaller which is a good thing.

Finally, the last 2 mornings I have had wonderful (to me) bg's fasting. Prior to byetta, my fasting numbers have been a bit high ranging from 135-155 on a consistent basis. This would drive me crazy because before bedtime it could be 90 and I would wake up with 150. I think that may be the dawn phenomenon that I have heard of. I don't know. But, The last two mornings I have had a 110. I am pleased with that. I hope with continued exercise and watching my meals will bring it down to 100. 100 is my goal. I just want to have a solid plan that works in managing my diabetes consistently. I am tired of all the troubleshooting! LOL Is that too much to ask?????????

1 comment:

Peony Blaze said...

Hey Susie!

Saw that you popped by my blog and I thought I would return the favour! It is 1.49am in Australia, and I am killing a spare 10 minutes until I do my son's 2am fingerprick...so i thought I'd write to you and let you know that I really like what I have seen of your blog! In fact, I'm going to add you to my blogroll, because you seem quirky and fun. You need to be when you have Diabetes. I don't even have it, but you sound like an amazing chick who I would love to learn more about.

Happy Jellybaby Month!

Kate